Wednesday, June 30, 2010

VICTORY IN PASCAGOULA!


Our youth group from Bethel Baptist Church have been going to Pascagoula, Mississippi for the past 3 years doing back yard Bible School and various other ministries. The first year they went they met a family with 2 young boys named Jarvis and Jamarkus. They fell in love. They came back with pictures of the boys and told us all about them. Missed them terribly! Last year I got to go with them and I was blessed beyond measure. Not only by meeting so many sweet parents and children but also by watching our teenagers grow in their service to God and their love for others. But when we set up for our Bible School at the same apartment complex they had been at the year before, they were disappointed to learn that Jarvis and Jamarkus were not living there any more. They talked to the apartment manager and he knew where they had moved to and contacted them so they could come! They were so excited to see our teenagers! To know they had not been forgotten, to know that the people from Kentucky REALLY loved them....and so did Jesus!! They all had a great time. This year I didn't get to go with them, but was praying for them and getting texts and phone calls from them letting me know what all was going on. Imagine my suprise when I got a phone call from Marlo and when I answered a sweet little voice said..."Is this Ms Sheila?" I said yes and he said "Guess what I just did? I just prayed and asked Jesus into my heart!" I don't have words to describe the joy I felt...knowing that this precious baby boy was now my brother in Christ! One of mothers of another child got saved too! 3 trips to Mississippi, 3 years in a row. It was so worth every mile, every gallon of gasoline, every anxious moment, every prayer, every tear...to know that even if I never see him in Pascagoula again.....


I will get to see his sweet face in Heaven some day! I am so proud of you Jarvis!

No comments: