Wednesday, June 8, 2011

In The Midst of Disaster...God is in Control!



This year there have been so many disasters not only in our country but throughout the world. It should come as no surprise because God tells us in His Word that it will be like this in the end times. I believe we are in the end times....but I don't know how long these days will last or how bad things will get. Only God the Father knows that. But sometimes, watching the news and even just looking at what's going on in my own small town I get a little overwhelmed. So as I was praying this morning, God led me to Psalm 60. It reminded me that He is still in control and the He is our Hope in the midst of disaster and trouble. I just want to bless His Holy Name for encouraging me always through His Word! He loves me and I love Him too!

Psalm 60

O God, Thou hast cast us off, Thou hast scattered us, Thou hast been displeased; O, turn Thyself to us again!


2Thou hast made the earth to tremble, Thou hast broken it; heal the breaches thereof, for it shaketh.


3

Thou hast shown Thy people hard things; Thou hast made us to drink the wine of astonishment.


4Thou hast given a banner to them that fear Thee, that it may be displayed because of the truth. Selah


5That Thy beloved may be delivered, save with Thy right hand and hear me!


6God hath spoken in His holiness: "I will rejoice; I will divide Shechem and portion out the Valley of Succoth.


7Gilead is Mine, and Manasseh is Mine; Ephraim also is the strength of Mine head; Judah is My lawgiver.


8Moab is My washpot; over Edom will I cast out My shoe; Philistia, triumph thou because of Me."


9Who will bring me into the stronghold city? Who will lead me into Edom?


10Will not Thou, O God, who hadst cast us off, and Thou, O God, who didst no

t go out with our armies?


11Give us help from trouble, for vain is the help of man.


12Through God we shall do valiantly, for He it is that shall tread down our enemies.

No comments: