Friday, March 6, 2009

The Awesome Word of God!



It's funny sometimes how God brings certain scripture to us. This morning as I was reading in the book of Mark one of the verses brought one of my favorite scriptures to mind. Mark 7:21-23 says, "For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adultries, fornications, murders, thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lewdness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness. All these evil things come from within and defile a man." That made me want to turn to one of my favorite passages Psalm 19:14 where it says. "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Thy sight O LORD, my strength and my redeemer." When I turned there, a scripture that I had highlighted on the opposite page caught my eye! Psalm 18:28-29: "For Thou wilt light my candle: The LORD my God will enlighten my darkness. For by Thee I have run through a troop; and by my God have I leaped over a wall." Wow. I want to be the light of Jesus in the dark world around me. And it is so true that He has enlightened me to the Truth of His Word!! It is true that by Him I have run through troops and leaped over walls!! PRAISE HIM!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Very well said! Praise Him indeed!!