Monday, March 2, 2009

Kenzie's Coupon Day!


Saturday was Kenzie's coupon day and it all started out well. I took Daphne to get her toenails cut, went to Wal-Mart (got some new floor mats for my car), cleaned house and decided to clean out my car before I went to get Kenzie at 5:00. I won't go into detail because I tend to get too wordy but to make a long story short, I backed into my garage door (can anyone say "got in too big of a hurry?") and it was half way up and wouldn't move! Couldn't get my car out! Called the garage door people, he couldn't be there till around 5 and McKenzie was going to be disappointed and so I did what any red blooded American granny would do...I bawled! Called Scott and told him (sniff, sniff, boo hoo), he called Robbie, who came right over and fixed it for me ( with a little help from Stef) while I got to have a little time with Addison!! I have great sons and daughter-in-laws! Another reason to praise God. Anyway, me, McKenzie, Tyler and Na went to CiCi's to eat dinner, then me and Kenzie went to Wal-Mart where she picked out a movie to watch that night (High School Musical 3)and some snacks. During the movie she would get tired of watching so she would get up and straighten Mamaw's magazines, re-fold the throws on the back of the couch and love seat, she got our bed all turned back and ready to get into and straightened up the bathroom. She is a great little helper! The next morning after a great breakfast of scrambled eggs and bacon we had our bath and shower and while I was putting on my make-up she made the bed! WOW! Went to SS and Church and then to McDonald's for lunch where Scott and Tyler met us. Oh and I can't leave out the great way she and Daphne played together. Daphne snuggled under the covers with us when we went to bed and we love that!! It was a wonderful time! Can't wait for the next coupon day!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

That sounds like fun Sheila!!! Your g-kids will always remember these coupon redeeming days for more than one reason - <>< !!!!

She is too adorable :o)

Anonymous said...

She had so much fun, too! Thanks for spending time with them!!!