Thursday, April 30, 2009

"Joy Comes In The Morning"


Psalm 30:4-5
"For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life; Weeping may endure for a night, But joy comes in the morning."
Today I got an email devotional from Annette Herndon with this scripture. It took me back to high school when I first found it in God's Word and got so much comfort from it. My best friend was mad at me and I really don't even know why now...but it absolutely broke my heart. My heart hurt! I was devastated, it was the end of the world! You remember how it is when you are 15...Then God revealed this scripture to me and I was FILLED with JOY! My life was not over! Jesus still loved me even if my friend didn't! No matter what dark storms we may go through in this life....JOY comes again because Jesus loves us! My friend and I made up the next day.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Joy can only come from Jesus that is for certain! Aren't you so glad? It is sad to think people search their entire lives and don't realize it is this JOY from HIM that they are missing.

Thank you Sheila for always being so encouraging! You are a JOY and we love you!!!

Sheila said...

I love ya'll to Jenn and I praise Him for bringing us together!