Thursday, August 27, 2009

Foolishness & Wisdom


I was reading in the book of 1 Corinthians this morning. 1 Corinthians 1: 25 says "the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stonger than men". NKJV
In verse 20 it says that God "has made foolish the wisdom of this world". I think that is more true today than it was even in Paul's day. I watch the news and listen to the politicians and they really think they have all the answers. But they have everything upside down and backwards. They are calling good things evil and evil things good. Not just the politicians of course. The "superstars" of Hollywood and sports are full of the "wisdom" of this world. The financial mogels of the world, the Donald Trumps and Bill Gates, who think just because they have lots of money and "stuff" that they have it made. So sad. Sometimes I just get overwhelmed at all the things that are going on in the world today. But then I remember that God is in control and He has a plan. I may not understand it but I know the end of the story! I get such a strong desire to be there...at the end of the story I mean...but I know there is much more work to do and many more people to hear the story of Jesus. So I am happy to be here... somewhere in the middle... asking God to use me to help someone know Jesus. Because you know, there is something better than spending eternity in Heaven! Taking someone to Heaven to spend eternity with you!!!

No comments: