Friday, November 20, 2009

My Daffy Dog




My dog Daphne has lived with me for about 3 years now. I adopted her from the Scott Co. Humane Society because I was so lonely after my husband died and then the Yorkie he had given me 12 years before died too! Daphne has been my sweet companion and friend and she does such funny things that I call her Daffy Dog. She is part Basenji and part Terrier. Basenjis don't bark, but she got her voice from her Terrier side! She barks when she wants me to play, she barks when she wants me to go outside with her, she barks if someone rings the doorbell, she barks if someone is walking down the street, she barks when my phone rings, she even barks when I pick up the phone to call somebody! She loves to play fetch with whatever toy she happens to have handy and she always brings it back. She is a great cuddler and gets under the covers every night and sleeps right next to me. I am so thankful to God for bringing her to me!

3 comments:

Joanna said...

Daphne's ears are precious! Loved stopping by, our church participated in Operation Christmas child too! Awesome!

Jenn said...

Sweet Daffy Dog!!! This is fun isn't it :D

phillips phamily said...

My dad never let us get a pet that wasn't from the Humane Society when I was growing up! Good for you; aren't they the most grateful? So glad you have a friend to be by your side!