Monday, November 28, 2011

Working hard and lovin' it in Mississippi

Why do we love working with the Kentucky Baptist Disaster Relief/Rebuild Team of Tates Creek Baptist Association so much?

Because we love Jesus so much!! We love to serve others in HIS Name!





Sammy and Ms. Kathleen


Ms Kathleen was so glad we turned her mattress while we had her bed apart to put in the new window!
The guys are making headway at the Fellowship Christian Church!

Wonderful job trimming the windows at Lilly Orchard!

Part of God's plan for our team sometimes is to just listen and talk to lonely little ladies and spoil their poodles! I am really good at that! I was so blessed to be able to sit and talk to Ms. Kathleen. She spoke many words of wisdom to me that day and I will never forget her and Sissy!!This is the little cross that Larry made for her out of electrical copper.

As soon as I gave it to her she wanted me to hang it up! Her son had passed away last year and we were able to bond in that way. God sure does know what He is doing!


We worked hard but we also played hard as you can see from the next photos!

We had our very own pool! No, I was not sitting on Frankie! The pool had a slide and I was sitting on that. Looks like Marie had fun huh?!

We went to church on Wednesday night at Lilly Orchard Baptist. Don't know for sure if Billy Wayne and Frankie are hugging or wrestling!


Opps! I forgot....What happens in Pascagoula, stays in Pascagoula!

We worked hard, we played hard and we prayed hard. We thank God so much for allowing us to serve Him by serving others.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

You make my heart smile! :)