Tuesday, December 27, 2011

God Bless Us Every One!

I am so thankful for being able to celebrate the birth of my Savior with my family! On Christmas Eve I spent the evening with my sister Lois and my brother-in-law Floyd. We are a small family but we had a wonderful meal and each one of us had a small gift under the tree. Several years ago we stopped buying gifts for each other. Instead, we give the money that we would have spent to the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering for International Missions. It provides for Southern Baptist missionaries all around the world to tell the gospel story of Jesus!
Then I spent Christmas evening with my late husband Roger's family at Nancy (Roger's sister) and Gordon's house. Now that's a big family! It included my 2 step sons and daughters-in-law, my 4 grandchildren and bunches of nieces, nephews and cousins. I told Nancy she needed to build a bigger stairway!


Every year I am honored to read the Christmas story from Luke 2.


There were 35 family members there and we had a very blessed time!

No comments: