Friday, February 27, 2009

THE HOPE WE HAVE


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer. 29:11 (NIV)

This scripture is right in the middle of the 70 years of captivity of God's chosen people. They were in bondage because they did not listen to God. But this scripture gives me so much hope... not a short term hope of prosperity and success in this life time because even though He gives us JOY we have trouble and persecution in this life. But rather that after the just sentence of God has passed...we will be restored! Praise His Name!

As Paul Harvey would say, "Now for the rest of the story,"
Jer. 29:10-14 "This is what the LORD says: 'When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will come to you and fulfill my gracious promise to bring you back to this place. For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart. I will be found by you,' declares the LORD, 'and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,' declares the LORD, 'and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile."

No comments: