Thursday, July 9, 2009

Missing Roger


My husband Roger was an amazing man. When God brought us together, I really didn't believe at first that such a man as that could really love me. But he did. No one had ever loved me like that before. He was always so easy going and calm. I used to get home from work after he did and he would always ask me how my day was. I would rant and rave for about 20 minutes then I would ask him how his day was. He would ALWAYS reply, "Oh, slow and easy." I miss him every day and still love him. I am so thankful to God for bringing Roger to me when He did. Just 2 years after we were married is when Tony got sick. I couldn't have gone through that without Roger. Our anniversary was June 19 and if he had lived we would have been married 16 years. I know he is in Heaven with Tony who I miss very much too and they are both waiting for me. God has something else for me to do here before I can join them and I am happy to serve Him. He gives me the most wonderful memories of them both! I sure hope our grandchildren never forget their Papaw and I wish they could have known their Uncle Tony. Even though I miss them every day I am thankful for the time God gave me with them. :-)

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Sheila,
I always feel so encouraged by your words when you talk about Roger and Tony. Your love just shines straight through you! I know that love like that can only come from God and I praise Him for the love and peace He gives.
We love you!!!
Jenn