Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Adventures of Daffy Dog


I rescued a Basenji/terrier about 3 years ago. My dog Winston was 12 years old and he died about 2 years after Roger did. I really missed him but DID NOT want another dog! But then I started dreading going home from work. It was so quiet. I didn't have anyone but myself to talk to. That became weird. So I started visiting petfinders.com. Looked at millions of dogs! When I saw her face I fell in love with her! She was at the Scott County Humane Society and she was house broken and crate trained. Her foster parents brought her to Berea to meet me. I was so excited about getting her and we have had great times together ever since.
Then came Fred. The frog. And Landen. The mole.
I am happy to say that Daffy dog caught Landen Sunday morning!!! I was very proud of her! She started to bring him (or her) to me, (dead, thank goodness), and I told her "No! Drop it!" She dropped it and I got about half a roll of paper towels and picked him (or her) up and threw it over the fence into the woods. I took Daffy in the house and gave her a treat, and then brushed her teeth! Tried to brush her tongue but she was having none of that! Unfortunately I think there is at least one more mole in the yard, so she is still happy digging and looking for it. I am not going to name it!! Well, maybe I will. Check back soon!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Way to go Daffy!!! She is too adorable to be killing things...haha!