Monday, September 21, 2009

Donnie's Homegoing


My husband Roger has a wonderful family that I am so very proud to be a part of. Even with Roger in Heaven, the family still includes me in all their get-togethers both happy and sad. Growing up, Roger was raised by his granny Stella and Aunt Anna Mae and was so close in age to his uncle Donnie and aunt Nancy, that they were more like brothers and sister. I am honored to be thought of as their sister-in-law. Donnie was diagnosed with lung cancer a few months ago and lost the battle last Thursday morning. He lost that battle, but was COMPLETELY healed by God when He took Donnie home to Heaven. I will miss my brother-in-law. He was a kind and gentle man and was always so good to me. But I am so happy to know he is in Heaven with Jesus now. And Roger. And Tony. And Granny Stella. And Thelma, Roger's mom. I praise God that I can look forward to being with all of them again someday. I know they had a wonderful reunion when Donnie got there, but oh what a reunion we will have when we can ALL be together again with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!
In Loving Memory of Donald Lewis (Donnie) Bowles
1946~2009

No comments: