Thursday, March 4, 2010

Typical Wednesday?

Almost.

My day, of course started at the Richmond Register where I work in the Composing Department setting ads. I really like my job and try daily to honor God in it. I always start my day with my favorite scripture; "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Thy sight, O LORD, my strength and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

After work, a SS classmate and I took a meal to another classmate who had had back surgery. Of course I can't cook very well, but I popped some frozen garlic bread in the oven to go with the baked spaghetti that Sharon had made. The night before, I had made a batch of my famous peanut butter fudge. After a short visit, we went to church.

On the first Wed of every month we have our business meeting at church and we are always so blessed! Many may find that hard to believe, but it's true! Our church family are for the most part, of one mind and heart and want to do God's business letting Him do the leading. After all it is His business!

After church, I got home and realized the UK game was on a channel I could actually get (had to downsize my cable to basic because the rates went so high). As I have said before on other blog posts, I haven't enjoyed watching the Cats play BB since my son Tony died in March of 1995. That year when he was in the hospital, 3 of the Wildcats came to visit him. Rick Pitino was the coach that year and they were on their way to the NCAA tournament when they came to visit. One of the players, will always be my very favorite Wildcat. Mark Pope. Imagine my surprise when they showed him sitting with the Georgia Bulldogs!! He is on the staff there. Like myself he has aged in 15 years but I remember him like this.

And I also remember him picking up Tony's Bible that was laying on his bed and sharing his favorite scripture with him. Joshua 1:9. It encouraged Tony so much and became his favorite too. Now it is one of mine.
So Mark is my favorite all time Cat. But....
Who do you think my favorite player on this 2009-2010 team is?



They are all so great but...It would probably have to be....

.... Pat Pat!


Go Cats! This old woman is enjoying you this year. Oh yeah, I guess Coach Cal has alot to do with it. Go Coach Cal's Cats!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tony Horn said...

Love you Sheila,

You are a great Inspiration to me and my family. Pray for you often....Thanks for your blog, It lets me see a little bit of Home...I really miss it

Jenn said...

Sheila, we love you so much! I have been so busy and got behind on my blog reading. You do such a wonderful job and glorify God in all that you do. I am so very proud to call you my sister! Love you bunches :o)