Friday, February 27, 2009

Coupon Day With Aaron


For Christmas this past year, I made coupons for all my grandkids entitling them to a day with Mamaw doing whatever they want to do (within reason). Tyler redeemed his a few weeks ago and we had a great time but it was before I started this blog. The coupons don't expire though so he will get another day when he wants it and I will blog about it. This past Saturday when I got through with WMU and delivering food for Helping Hands Food Ministry, I went and picked up Aaron so he could redeem his coupon. Wow did we ever have a great time. He decided he wanted to go to the arcade at the Mall so we went and had the worst luck trying to get a little stuffed dog! The machine cheated us out of it because Aaron had it gripped really tight but lost it! Then we went to see "Hotel for Dogs" and then went to eat at CiCi's. Then we went shopping for a toy because his birthday party was the next day. He bought a Star Wars space ship and a little Star Wars man. Then we went home and played with Daffy dog and watched a movie he brought with him "Alvin and the Chipmonks" Really good movie. The next morning we got up and went to Sunday School and church and after Children's Church he had questions for Larry David which means that he is really learning about God and how to be saved!! I am very proud of him and praise God for all the wonderful teachers at church that are dedicated to teaching our children about Jesus. It was a very good weekend. McKenzie is going to redeem her coupon this weekend so next week I will let you know all about that!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

That is a great idea!!! I would of loved for my g-parents to do that! Your family is so blessed to have you!! :o)