Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Just My Sister and Me



Growing up I had a wonderful family. It was a very small family but it was a wonderful family. My mom and daddy loved us and let us know it every day. My mom was the most wonderful cook in the world and when we were sick she always knew just how to make us feel better. My daddy sang and played the guitar and in my eyes and heart he was much better than Johnny Cash or Hank Williams. It was a very small family....2 kids...Just my sister and me. She was my big sister and she had long red fingernails that could really hurt in a fight! And we did fight, as all kids do. My mom and daddy are in Heaven now along with Tony and Roger, but I am so blessed to have my sister with me. She is still my big sister, only her fingernails are not long and red. She encourages me, supports me, and prays for me. Sometimes she even feeds me. But you know it's not really just my sister and me...We have our Lord Jesus Christ with us every day! Oh yeah and my favorite brother-in-law Floyd. Here are some funny pictures of my sister Lois.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Very sweet Sheila! I love your sister too :) Only I can't imagine her with long red finger nails!!! Ha! I'd love to have a nickel for every time you two laughed growing up until now!!!

I have a picture that says, "Having a sister is like having a best friend around for your whole life."
Sisters are precious!